You can either make your 3 year old sit down for a 45 minute drill daily and teach some basics they are required to learn or quite simply have so much fun while playing free educational games like the ones below with them that they wont even notice they are learning.
And you are bound to have the end result you desired. Here are some fun kids games to play with you little one which you are bound to enjoy as much as they will.
1. Letter Learning – Alphabet learning need not be a task for your young one with a simple activity like this one.
Have an ongoing game of alphabet of the day. Have a letter for the day or even week. Hang a cutout of your letter, point objects beginning with your letter or even go all out and have stickers around the house of objects beginning with your letter for the day. End of this fun educational game your little one is sure to have learnt his letters.
2. Sing the Letter Order – Teach your young one their letter order with the all time favourite preschool ABC song.Sing along or listen to the fun online versions on some good online games sites available on the internet and watch them pick up the letter order.
3. Learning Numbers – Have you tried numbering the chairs in your Diner? Well, it can work brilliantly. Don’t restrict to chairs, go all out and number the whole household up and see the result.
4. Learning colours is just what you need for a lazy afternoon – Got a free afternoon? Get some washable watercolours, paint brush, water and towel to clean up afterwards. Give your little one an opportunity to choose the colour from the colour tray laid out by you, paint the little palms and feet’s one at a time and take prints of the little palms and feet’s on a plain sheet of paper.
Giggling together while learning some colours is great.
5. Hunting down Shapes – Have a scavenger hunt while learning some shapes in this fun kids game. Have a set of 2 for each type of shape, hide one and have the other one with you to show your preschooler what they are supposed to be looking for.Let your preschooler go on a hunt with some clues from your end.
Have an applause round every time there is new find and have fun with the jumping and clapping sessions.
6. What’s in Daddy’s’ Pocket? Counting the change in Daddy’s’ pocket every night can just be the activity Daddy needs when back in the evening! Introduce different coins to your 3 year old with this fun game. Such free educational games are all your little one needs to learn some basics about money.
7. Science lessons for your preschooler – Go on a nature trail with your little one, pointing out the little insects and plants while enjoying the fresh air. Return home with a collection of different shapes of stones, dried leaves other little items you collected on your way back home.
So weather its letters, numbers or colours that you would like your preschooler to learn just think how can you make it enjoyable for your little one and they are sure to respond in the way you want them to!