We all love food, don’t we? The irony is that once we start eating out, we miss the home food and if we continue eating at home, at least once a week or month we start craving for food outside. So it is just a matter of convenience and nothing else and this only started getting more and more viral since the middle of the eighteenth century. Earlier the restaurants were even known as “roadside inn” so basically an eating joint which sold food in order to get benefit from it.
This is one of the major domains of the hospitality industry and is seen in many other forms like the fast food joints, cafes, catering start-ups etc. This division has started being used in all other parts of the industries as well. These days even small libraries, movie theatres and even the gaming zones have their small setups which cater to a small menu of eateries and beverages as well. While there are kiosks of restaurants, they are full-fledged ones as well which could be an independent set-up or within the premises of very big and known hotels.
There is a wide range of restaurants and some of them are mentioned as under:
• Ethnic – It is one of the joints which only caters to the particular ethnicity of the people. So it could be Indian, Mexican, Thai, Chinese, Korean food etc.
• Fast Food Joints- These specialize due to their excellent speed of service. At such places, the food can be ordered from a front counter right to the table. This offers to drive through or take away services.
• Casual Dining- Here the food prices are relatively moderate shaped with a cool ambience. They have table service and regularly have a small bar set up with few options as well.
• Family Style- This type of an eatery is similar to casual dining minus alcohol.
• Fine Dining- These type of the set-ups are the ones who have their own reserved meal styles. They even comprise of a high-end ambience, follow a dress code and follow certain rules which the visitors are supposed to abide by.
Let us now have an insight of the importance of restaurants for a booming society-
1. It is one stop for celebrating or having collective gatherings at their comfort and services and a beautiful ambience to make the event an unforgettable one.
2. In the fast-paced economy of today, even restaurants have started giving the luxury of a technological advancement. So in case one wishes to have the food at their own place, they have the option to select online or use apps which can offer them this advantage. This saves their time yet they savour the food.
3. The Restaurants have started getting globalised as they preserve the food, deliver excellent services and quality and have very easy paying options as well. These days while ordering food you can pay by cash, card, Sodexo, Paytm wallet etc. Restaurants even have a chain so many of them can be found in different states or countries due to expansion.
4. This element of the hospitality industry offers maximum employment and adds to the economy’s development.
5. Solely the restaurant industry aims to 2.1% of the GDP of the economy.
Restaurants are believed to be steer leaders in reforming and kindling social relationships in a stronger manner. Since there are so much of variation one can choose as per the appetizing taste buds and fulfil the wishes.