I love smoothies! They are so quick and easy with a Cuisinart Smoothie Maker, the Cuisinart CBT-700 Die-Cast 700-Watt Blender. You simply add the ingredients, blend and you have a lovely meal in no time. It is important that your blender is strong enough to blend just about anything as these days we tend to even add seeds etc. to our smoothies.
In South Africa it is summer now and it is smoothie time! A very tasty variation on one is to make a fruit ice with your blender. It is very easy to do and it is very tasty.
Making a fruit ice takes a little planning. You have to cut up and freeze the fruit in advance and then you use the frozen fruit to make a very tasty ice drink. I love to use strawberries, they are so tasty and the color is simply lovely.
This is how I make my strawberry ice:
- Freeze a good amount of strawberries, but you have to freeze them flat so that you can add them one at a time through the opening on the top (what do you call it?)
- Now I add some full cream milk to the machine (I do not really measure it I just pour about one cup in.
- To this I add a few spoons of plain yogurt
- Some honey to sweeten it, you can use sweetener, but I am not too sure of the health hazards of sweetener.
- Then I start blending and I add the strawberries one at a time until I have the consistency I want.
That's it, you can of course add whatever you please, that is the fun of a smoothie, your imagination is the limit.
What you should not try and so with your blender, I did with disastrous results, is to blend soup with it. It is supposed to take it, and it will take it for a long time, but one day the glass jug will simply say so far and no further! For blending soups and sauces I recommend a hand blender. Hand blenders are cheap and with most of them you can blend the soup or the sauce in the pot, no extra dishes.
Other than that, I do not have any other potential problems I feel I have to want you about.
Of course, your Cuisinart Smoothie Maker, the Cuisinart CBT-700 Die-Cast 700-Watt Blender, will make perfect, "normal" smoothies as well.