Have you got a showering routine? I bet you so. So do I. Wash the hair, shave the legs and armpits, soap up, rinse. Towel rub the face, tummy, legs; brush the hair, moisturize, apply deodorant. It's pretty automatic and I do not think about it much. It works – that's why.
This year I intend for my Law of Attraction awareness-raising / focusing habits to be the same as showering – automatic and leaving me feeling with that 'ahhh – fresh and ready for the day' feeling.
There's nothing new or earth-shattering here, just a commitment to follow the basics. Follow the basics, and you can not go wrong. It becomes automatic, efficient, and effective.
So if you really want to make things happen easily and effortlessly, here are some of my Law of Attraction basics:
Simplify your environment
There is nothing like clean surfaces and a well-organized room. It just hums. Here's how:
* De-clutter. Get rid of anything that is superfluous, unwanted, unused, broken, out of date, or in any way detracting from your sense of peace.
* Do one small area at a time – like the bathroom cupboard, or one kitchen drawer. Take everything out first, then decide carefully what goes back in.
* Savor the results of your effort.
* Remember to declutter with intention: have a purpose for it. Maybe it is to clear some space for creative thought. Maybe it is to create a more peaceful environment. Maybe it is to boost your health. Whatever it is, as you undertake your de-cluttering activities, have a purpose in mind.
Energise your environment
Surround yourself with living energy. Add some new plants to your environment. Talk to them, share good intentions for their positive growth. Another living thing in a room creates a more peaceful and connected energy.
Simplify your activity management
* Consolidate your tasks in to one central list. This will reduce any stress that comes from looking at piles of to dos'.
* At the end of the day, write your list of jobs for the next day. Keep it to three – five items. Do the important ones first.
* Check emails only after you have completed your significant tasks for the day. I just started doing this again and I can not believe how much more I'm getting done, and how much less stress comes as a result. Yes, people can wait three more hours for a response. If they needed an immediate response they would have rung by now.
Boost your cellular energy
* Give your body's cells a break and a boost.
* Declutter your physiological system with exercise (purging toxins).
* Get outside.
* Do some yoga.
* Eat less overall. It's amazing how little food you really need if you eat nutrient rich foods, like salads and fruit.
* Eat mostly fresh fruits and veggies. These are easier for your body to digest as it discards excess waste and toxins from your system after the holidays.
* Take a break from caffeine and alcohol.
Connect to the Source energy
Meditate. Do not get too caught up in the technical or spiritual hoopla surrounding this habit. Just do 15 minutes of quiet time with your eyes shut, focusing on breathing. Listening to a guided meditation or visualization really takes the relaxed state to whole new level.
This is a great way to remind you of your core essence of pure energy. It puts everything in perspective.
Connect with your community
Honor your friendships – make some calls, go on a picnic, meet for coffee or a movie. Write an old-fashioned letter. Get on Facebook.
Jazz up your manifestation strategies
* Play in your Pray Rain journal. This is where you script whatever it is desire – put lots of details and feelings in to it. Do this as long as it feels fun and enjoyable until the journal is nearly full.
* Use your gratitude and successes journal. Each day I record my successes and what I'm grateful for. It's a great way to finish the day.
* Update your Vision Board. Every man and their dog is ranting about vision boards! There are even electronic computer programs available for you to patch on to your computer screen. Just keep it simple – a list of what you desire, fun experiences you want to enjoy, wonderful places you'd like to visit, and lists of feelings are a good start. Add any pictures, lists, or mind maps that fill out your wish list. Do not worry about it being 'perfect'. Anything is better than nothing.
Expand your consciousness
Learn something new. Attend a workshop or seminar or teleclass. Work with a coach. Read some good books. Learning new ideas and concepts is a great way to raise your vibration. Me? I'm reading Bruce Lipton's Biology of Belief, Gregg Braden's The Divine Matrix, and Abraham-Hicks The Astonishing Power of Emotions.
The most important habit
There's only one real rule for the basics: do it all with a sense of fun and enjoyment.
When I write in my gratitude journal it feels good. When I exercise it feels good. When I meditate it feels good. When I write in the Pray Rain Journal, it feels good. The feeling-good experience of these activities is the end in itself, not a means to an end.
Yes, I do have a list of desires and things I'm appealing, but these are like the icing on the cake. The real trick is to enjoy the process and activities right here, right now, rather than doing something for the sake of manifesting something else.
How do you know if you're doing it right? If it feels good – if it feels fun and enjoyable, then you are on the right track. If it feels like hard work, like an obligation, a should, or a must, then you're off track and working counter-productively to your desires. Just stop and choose something – anything – that feels good. Go to the movies, read a book, go for a walk, just goof off.
That's the real secret to following the Law of Attraction – doing things that feel good. How much better can it get ?!