The coming year will see a migration from conventional POS hardware to cloud-based software. A cloud POS system is one that utilises the infrastructure of the internet to access data stored in remote servers. Simply put, all data that a retail shop saves in the billing system is backed-up in a cloud that can be retrieved from anywhere. The sync happens automatically making it easier to update information and to protect it. The advantages of a cloud solution are enormous:
- Better security
- Centralised storage
- Efficient memory utilisation
- Faster processing
While there is no industry that cannot benefit from employing cloud-hosted software, the focus here will be on bakeries and salons. We start with clarifying the features every café or bakery can deploy to enhance operations.
Bakery POS – An Application Every Café Owner Needs
A billing system that speeds up transactions and maintains a central record of all sales is primary to all retail shops. When it comes to professional bakeries, management software should also have the capability of keeping track of every special ingredient that mix to make buttery-soft cakes and pastries. The essential elements of a cloud confectionary shop POS are:
- Custom order management – Besides a whole catalogue of cakes, pastries, and pies, bakeries thrive on making bespoke orders. Tailor-made cakes can have varying designs, messages, topping, and ingredients. It means that a bakery owner has to write down every customised order to prevent mistakes. A bakery pos software takes away the chore of manually penning each custom order. The system can record each request and manage it. Some aspects that can be handled using the application are:
- Create an order with detailed information on ingredients, design, and message. This decreases error risk.
- Track partial or half payments
- Faster Sales – A server-hosted management software ensures that transactions can be mobile. Customers are not limited to one cash register to pay for their orders. Portable devices like smartphone and tablets can be used on the Bakery POS floor during high traffic periods to speed-up the process.
Let’s say a customer wants to have a single éclair that is displayed at one corner of the confectionary shop. The billing terminal is at the other corner and has a long line. Cloud-Based billing software can be used on a tablet to process the payment right where the customer is. One can even use the opportunity to recommend more baked goods to the patron that are showcased nearby.
Vital is the only word to describe the need of retail management software in bakeries. Bakeshops need hard information on which goods sell the most on what days and at what times since most items are extremely perishable. One cake or pastry that has to be thrown every day can accumulate to a lot of financial loss over the year. A cloud-hosted POS can be applied to check, even at 3 in the night, to find out which product has to be pushed to customers the next day to save this loss.
Salon Software to Keep A Parlour Organised
Now that the beneficial aspects of a bakery management system are apparent, the next part of the article discusses another high-footfall sector – salons. Beauty parlours can transform their day to day operations into more efficient counterparts using salon POS software. Some areas that the system can aid in are:
- Times that require more employee presence
- Times when a lesser number of hands can handle clients
- Free slots that can be filled in by walk-ins
A few features of salon billing systems that create a positive impact on your business are:
- Alerts to Customers: Salon systems allow for integration to devices that can either send an email or SMS to your patrons reminding them of appointments. This characteristic ensures that the number of no-shows is decreased and hence the business suffers minor loss. Furthermore, when clients get an alert of the exact time they need to be present, there is less time wasted as people become more punctual.
- Better communication & relationship – Scheduling of appointment is the greatest advantage of Salon POS Software. The system can be appropriated to pencil in as many clients as you want without a single error. It has the capability to track hundreds of patrons. It guarantees that incidences like missed appointments or overlapping appointments do not occur. The improved communication between client and staff presents a more professional image plus makes the spa exceedingly productive
There are two learnings that can be taken away. The first is that bakeries have to tempt customers with fresh products to keep up with the competition. Hence, installing a bakery management tool is essential. It can be used for data gathering and analysing waste control. The second is that spas require a user-friendly technology that has zero room for error. Salon POS systems, therefore, become essential to enjoying a long-lasting association with clients.