What's the easiest way for lay people to spread the Gospel? What if I told you it was as easy as getting dressed? Christian t-shirts and apparel can introduce Jesus' message of hope and salvation to those who might not otherwise hear about Him. Whether at the grocery store, in line at the gas station or at your child's sporting event, you have the opportunity to change a life. Below are five steps to becoming a Christian t-shirt / apparel evangelist.
- Decide on your budget : Consider what you are comfortable spending on your new Christian evangelism apparel. Pricing will depend on quantity, type of item chosen, and design. Sometimes you can get two shirts for just pennies more than the cost of one. This way you can share one with a friend and then recruit a new evangelist to the team!
- Identify the type of clothing / apparel you are most comfortable wearing : This can depend on the climate in your area as much as personal style. If you live in a cool climate, you may want to choose a Christian hoodie. If you live in a warmer climate, it might be more comfortable to wear a Christian t-shirt or even a Christian cap to keep the sun off your face. If you are a walker, we even have Christian sneakers! Once you have decided which item suits your personal style, it's time to choose a design.
- Choose a Christian t-shirt design or message that suits you : There are literally hundreds of fun, colorful and unique Christian clothing designs. Most designs are inspired by scripture or Bible versions. This allows the wearer (you) to choose the message he / she would like to share. Maybe you are a football fan and would like to share "John 3:16" or perhaps you are a singer and would like to share the power of music in worshiping God; then "Psalm 104 Dance Sing Praise" might be the shirt for you. Chances are that if the message speaks to you, it will be easier for you to share it with others.
- Get Dressed : Becoming a member of the Christian t-shirt / apparel evangelism team is as simple as getting dressed. Once you have purchased your Christian shirt, shoes, cap or necklace; all you have to do is WEAR IT! Wear it to the grocery store, to the gas station, to your kid's sporting events, etc.
- Share the Message : The unique design of your shirt, shoes or cap will spark a comment or compliment. This is your opportunity to start the conversation about Jesus and His message of love, hope and salvation. A t-shirt and five minutes could be all it takes to change a life!
It's that simple. Getting dressed could change a life. Choosing Christian clothing / apparel will make you messenger for Christ.
Matthew 9: 37-38 … Then He said to His disciples, "The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few.